Saturday 9 October 2010

Sutton Bingham - Thu 7 Oct

Rather a stressful day at work, so to chill out and get a bit of fresh air I decided on a flying visit to the reservoir on my way home. Arriving at the northern causeway just before 6.00pm the light was already beginning to deteriorate. Having not been up to Sutton Bingham for a week or so I was amazed that it was now full, leaving no muddy fringes for any remaining passage waders, thought to my surprise, a Common Sandpiper was on the nnorthern causeway.
On the reservoir proper there was hundreds of gulls, mainly Herring Gulls, but several Black-headed Gulls too.
There was nothing else of note so after just ten minutes I headed on home, however, the long staying Muscovy Duck was still about in it's endless search for bread:

No comments:

Post a Comment