Sunday 27 March 2011

Axmouth - Sun 27 Mar

This afternoon Ellie and I set for Axmouth and managed to successfully miss a Hoopoe by less than five minutes on two seperate occasions during a ninety minute visit to the village. The bird had been seen a couple of minutes before we pulled up. As Ellie was recovering from overindulging the night before we popped in to Seaton to get her something to drink and on returning to Axmouth were told the Hoopoe flew out of the garden we were parked alongside just after we left!! Unfortunately there was little else of interest in the village and as I walked around I only saw what I would call common garden birds. On the way home we stopped off at what has always been a reliable Little Owl site, but our bad luck continued as there was no sign of any present. To round off a disasterous afternoon with regard to birds, I ran over a Pheasant!

No comments:

Post a Comment