Sunday 8 May 2011

Lankham Bottom - Sun 8 May

After a late night as we had some friends staying over, Ellie and I had a relaxing morning and after watching the Turkish Grand Prix decided to head out for a bit of fresh air as it was a lovely afternoon. After parking the car we walked out on to the hillside and were surpised by the force of the wind, in fact Ellie decided it was too windy for her so she returned to the car whilst I went for a walk.
Despite the wind I was surprised to see loads of butterflies around. I walked to the bottom of the valley where there were a couple of Common Blues, several Small Heaths and one or two Small Coppers:

As I continued up the other side of the valley I noted lots of Grizzled Skippers:
And a few Dingy Skippers:
However, the real treat was the sight of several Marsh Fritillaries, a species of butterfly I had not seen before: 

I then retraced my steps and walked back to the car, a few Linnets were singing and I also heard a Yellowhammer, but there was little else about on the bird front.

No comments:

Post a Comment