Sunday 15 May 2011

Sutton Bingham - Sun 15 May

Back to routine this morning and a hour long visit to the reservoir whilst Ellie was at church. Being such a lovely day there were a host of people enjoying the water and as a result I, like the birds, made straight for the southern end of the reservoir for some peace and quiet away from sailors, canoeists and model boat enthusiasts.
In the mid morning sun there were a few butterflies about and I saw several Common Blues and single of Green-veined White and Grizzled Skipper. I also saw my first Brown Argus butterflies of the year.
On the bird front, I could hear a Reed Warbler singing away and eventually he popped out in to the open. A Reed Bunting was also in song and a Tawny Owl was heard calling somewhere in the near distance.
As always seems to be the case when I only have an hour the time whizzed by and I had to get back to pick up Ellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment