Sunday 17 July 2011

Ham Hill Country Park - Sun 17 Jul

As I left Sutton Bingham I got a call from a bored Ellie who fancied getting out of the house for a walk, so I picked her up and we drove up to Ham Hill for a late afternoon stroll. As we crossed the meadows there were several Meadow Brown butterflies about and a couple of Common Blues, we were also treated to some splendid views of a Hobby as it flew past us several times. As we continued our walk the weather came in and for the second day in a row we got caught in a heavy rain shower. We decided as we got back to the car that it was time to get back home and enjoy a roast chicken dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Nice one,Tim.
    Ain't it funny, we watch and love birds and also roast 'em.
    I was in Wales last week and saw my first Manx shearwater, unfortunately it was dead beside a path.... took a photo though. I also saw two dead moles. Just like a vet's clinic on a bad day.
    I have just joined the Portland Bird observatory so each time I pop down there I can pop into the 'lighthouse place' and keep an eye on what's coming and going. It's very interesting as they net and ring birds there.
    Take care and best wishes
    Pete Manley Somerton

    ReplyDelete