Saturday 23 March 2013

Morden Bog - Wed 20 Mar

Having dipped the Great Grey Shrike at Sixpenny Handley twice this year I decided to try and see the one present at Morden Bog instead this afternoon. I had tried and failed to see this particular bird back in November on a flying visit, it had then gone missing for most of the winter but was now back...only I didn't see it!
In fact, there was not that much to see at all and a couple of Meadow Pipits were the only birds I saw on the heathland itself, whilst the conifers hosted a few Siskin and Goldcrests.
I had hoped to pick up a few year ticks this afternoon on this patch of Dorset heathland, but nothing added to the list and to make matters worse a pager message appeared stating that the Sixpenny Handley shrike was showing well this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment