Monday 8 April 2013

Butterstreet Cove & Radipole RSPB - Sun 7 Apr

An afternoon in south Dorset and I made straight for The Fleet, parking at East Fleet and following the coastal path west for about a mile until I reached the field I was looking for, and within this field a total of five Stone Curlew! Now they were rather distant, with the exception of one bird which was in a slightly closer field, but the wind was such that I had no chance of even getting one of my infamous record shots...perhaps a good thing! I didn't hang around too long and instead headed in to Weymouth and to the RSPB reserve at Radipole.
I walked straight out to the North Hide, seeing very little along the way, and I was lucky enough to get my target bird without having to enter the hide. A very smart male Garganey was sat in plain view, and I'd left my scope in the car, so again there was no chance of getting a photo, which was a shame as I'm pretty sure I would have managed something half decent! So two year ticks in the space of about 45 minutes, but very little else around, and with time against me it was time to head on home.

No comments:

Post a Comment