Wednesday 10 April 2013

Portland - Wed 10 Apr

A trip to the Isle of Portland this afternoon, and it turned out to be a complete washout, literally! Just as I neared Weymouth it started raining, and by the time I got to Reap Lane on Portland it was raining steadily. Despite the weather I did spend half an hour or so working some of the paths around Reap Lane. My hope was that the Hoopoe that had been seen earlier in the day would put in an appearance...but needless to say it didn't!
There were good numbers of Chiffchaffs about, by far the commonest migrant, and a couple of Wheatears were also seen. A female Black Redstart was a nice find on the playing field of the local school, but there was nothing else of note to be seen and with the rain getting heavier I was forced back to the car for an early end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment