Tuesday 4 March 2014

Stanpit Marsh NR - Tue 4 Mar

What a difference a day makes, I popped along to Stanpit late afternoon (after a brief stop at Avon Beach where I noted sixteen Turnstone and little else!) and the lake that was present yesterday morning had all but gone. I made for the path that follows the gold course and looked down over Priory Marsh. I located at least three Water Pipits amongst several Pied Wagtails and Black-headed Gulls.
A Siberian Chiffchaff was also seen, alongside a Common Chiffchaff.
I then walked back towards the visitor centre and out on to Crouch Hill where I scanned the area. Several Wigeon and Dark-bellied Brent Geese were grazing whilst on the water there were loads of gulls gathering, though all common species...at least that's all I could find. A large flock of Dunlin was present and several Redshank were also seen.
A quick scout around the trees located nothing in the way of interesting passerines, except for another Chiffchaff, so as it was getting cold I decided that would do for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment