Saturday 18 January 2014

Sutton Bingham - Sat 18 Jan

A quick visit on my way home from work at lunchtime had me concentrating on the car park, I stopped off for about fifteen minutes and managed to connect with the Yellow-browed Warbler within the first few minutes of my arrival. Again the bird showed really well until chased by a Robin after which it vanished and I failed to relocate it. A drake Teal at the southern end of the reservoir and a flock of seventeen Wigeon off the dam were the only other birds of note.
I returned later in the afternoon for a little over an hour before dark. A Little Grebe on West Pool was a new bird for the year list as were three Gadwall off the northern causeway, two drakes and a duck:
At least two hundred Pied Wagtails must have come in to roost tonight with a couple of large flocks passing over and loads settling in to the small trees. There were also a few smaller flocks of Redwing and Starling passing through and four Fieldfares were also seen. Other than that it was another pretty quiet day at the reservoir.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2014 now at 54 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment