Thursday 16 January 2014

Sutton Bingham - Wed 15 Jan

Back to the patch again this afternoon and within minutes of my arrival the heavens opened and I was stuck in the car for nearly an hour! Parking at the southern end of the reservoir I did pick out half a dozen Teal but that was it so it was back to the northern causeway.
Eventually the rain eased off so I took a walk around the car park, but there was nothing much about at all. With the daylight starting to fade some fifty Pied Wagtails came in to roost and there were good numbers of both Fieldfare and Redwing passing overhead. A flock of twenty or so Goldfinch also flew over.
Just as I decided to leave and head for home a flock of duck flew south, but at distance and in drizzle and near darkness I could not positively identify them...and that pretty much summed up a dismal afternoon out!

No comments:

Post a Comment