Saturday 23 July 2016

Sutton Bingham - Fri 22 Jul

Yes, you guessed it, I managed another pre-breakfast visit to the reservoir today and whilst I didn't actually add anything to the patch year list there were a few birds around. I started off at the dam where four Little Egrets and three Common Sandpipers were noted as well as a small flock of six Linnets. Three Mistle Thrushes were also seen from the dam before I drove round to the northern causeway and West Pool.
It was pretty quiet until a load of Swallows suddenly went ballistic and the presence of a Hobby whizzing through explained why! A quick stop at the a Canoe Club and another, or possibly the same, Hobby flew south.
Returning to the reservoir in my way home from work I found a Green Sandpiper on West Pool! Result, a patch year tick and really good views to boot after some lean years with regard to this species. Two Great Black-backed Gulls were again present.

No comments:

Post a Comment