Tuesday 26 July 2016

Sutton Bingham - Sun 24 Jul

It was disappointingly quiet on the patch this morning. Starting at the dam I counted a total of five Little Egrets and two Common Sandpipers. A single Raven flew over and that was about it so I drove round to the northern causeway. Nothing of note, on to the Canoe Club where two more Ravens were seen as well as a couple of Kingfishers. A check of the muddy fringes along the edge of the reservoir produced another Common Sandpiper.
On the way back I made another quick stop at the northern causeway where I saw a single juvenile type Mandarin acting rather brave for this usually shy species (or at least they are on patch), and a Great Black-backed Gull was on West Pool.
A return visit later in the day didn't yield a thing but I later found out a Wheatear had been seen near the Fishing Lodge later in the day...so I missed that one then!

No comments:

Post a Comment