Tuesday 26 July 2016

Sutton Bingham - Tue 26 Jul

No sign yesterday or today of the Wheatear that was present on Sunday and in fact I was getting a little fed up during this mornings early visit as all I could manage from the dam were a couple of Kingfishers and three Little Egrets.
A Raven was calling from the top of a tree near the outfall stream and a juvenile Black-headed Gull was present with eight adults on the buoys.
Off to the northern causeway where another Kingfisher was seen and then I could hear a warbler singing from the edge of West Pool. I was pretty sure it was a Sedge Warbler and after a quick hunt I managed to confirm my thoughts and got some smashing views of the bird. The first one at Sutton Bingham this year and the hundredth species of bird that I have seen on the patch in 2016!
I then popped down to the Canoe Club for a quick look around seeing another Little Egret and a third calendar year Yellow-legged Gull which showed really well on a buoy, a nice bird to round off the pre-breakfast visit.
Sutton Bingham year list 2016 now at 100 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment