Saturday 23 July 2016

Sutton Bingham - Sat 23 Jul

Well I suppose I've been quite lucky this month in so far as I've managed to spend some time at the reservoir pretty much every day. So I popped in again this morning to see if anything had dropped in overnight, but initial scans indicated that this was probably not the case!
Four Little Egret were again present from the dam as well as a Kingfisher, but it was really quiet so round to the northern causeway where single Great Black-backed Gull was on West Pool and seven Stock Doves were feeding in the newly mown field alongside the pool.
A Coot was seen off the Sailing Club, something of a rarity on the patch nowadays, and I don't think they have bred this year for the first time since I've been birding here.
I then popped down to the Canoe Club to check the southern end of the reservoir. A Peregrine was atop one of the pylons and a further two Kingfishers were seen.
Back then towards home and a quick stop at the northern causeway en route proved to be an inspired decision as firstly a Common Sandpiper flew in and landed on the causeway and then at pretty much the stroke of 8am two Common Terns arrived from nowhere and flew south!

No comments:

Post a Comment