Sunday 4 March 2012

Ferrybridge & Portland Harbour- Sun 4 Mar

An early start and a morning out with my birding mates was planned as Ellie was taking Tristan to the Family Service at church. I drove down to Weymouth, arriving at Ferrybridge at 7.00am in pouring rain! I still managed to do a bit of birding from the car and a flock of waders contained about twenty Turnstones and a similar number of Ringed Plovers and Dunlin, a single Sanderling was also present.
I then drove round to the Sailing Academy and scanned Portland Harbour, but other than a few Red-breasted Mergansers there was nothing about. Since the development of the harbour there seem to be very few wintering divers and waders nowadays. It was now just gone 8.00am and I drove back to the centre of Weymouth to meet up with the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment