Friday 8 April 2011

Chew Valley Lake - Fri 8 Apr

I had the day booked off work and so I dropped Ellie off at work and then headed up to Chew Valley Lake, arriving at about 9.30am. I parked at Herriott's Bridge and scanned across the main lake in the hope that the elusive Ferruginous Duck might be about...but I found no sign of it. I did however manage to pick out what must be one of the last Ruddy Ducks surviving at the site. There were also a few Goldeneye still present and a Goosander flew over. In the reed beds there were a couple of Reed Warblers singing, but they were well hidden. I then drove round to Heron's Green but there was nothing of interest. In fact there were very few birds about so I decided against buying a permit and visiting the hides and instead headed back south to the Somerset Levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment