Friday 8 April 2011

Sutton Bingham - Fri 8 Apr

Ellie had choir practice tonight so I dropped her off and popped up to the reservoir for an hour. I parked near the hide and took a quick stroll along the water's edge. A pair of Mute Swans swam past and a small flock of Canada Geese were present. Five or so Swallows and two Sand Martins were hawking for insects high above the reservoir. I then drove up to the northern causeway and took a look over West Pool where there were four pairs of Tufted Ducks. The main reservoir held nothing of interest and as my hour was up I set off back towards home. However, to round the day off I got a pager message saying that the Ferruginous Duck had been seen at Chew and three Yellow Wagtails were at Tealham late afternoon...so a bit frustrating knowing I had missed these!

No comments:

Post a Comment