Sunday 3 April 2011

Hengistbury Head - Sat 2 Apr

Down to east Dorset today and whilst Ellie spent the morning touring the shops of Bournemouth with her mum, I set off to Hengistbury Head in the hope of finding a few migrants. I spent the first hour of my visit on the Head itself, but there were surpirsingly few birds about. A couple of Sandwich Terns were off the beach and a few Sand Martins and Meadow Pipits flew in off the sea. But on the land I only saw a few Stonechats and Chiffchaffs. So I walked back to the car and then on to Wick Fields. Again, there were few birds about but I did see my first Blackcap and Willow Warblers of the year, and a large flock of thirty or so Meadow Pipits flew overhead. So with little else happening I headed off to my next stop of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment