Sunday 3 April 2011

Stanpit Marsh - Sat 2 Apr

As it was on my way to the lunchtime rendezvous I popped in to Stanpit Marsh for an hour. I walked straight out to Priory Marsh, but there was nothing much present, so I continued round Stanpit proper. Interestingly enough there was a small flock of six or seven Reed Buntings, and all the birds were males.

A single White Wagtail was present and a small party of Linnets were flitting around. As it was high tide there were not that many waders about, just a couple of Curlews and several Black-tailed Godwits. As I returned to the car a pair of summer-plumaged Mediterranean Gulls flew over.
At 12.55pm I left Stanpit and met up with Ellie and the in-laws for lunch after a nice morning out...it certainly beat shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment