Saturday 11 February 2012

Avon Beach & Stanpit - Sat 11 Feb

A trip to the coast today as we had a family outing to Mudeford to see Grandma and Grandpa Wild. After a lovely roast lunch we headed down to Avon Beach for a brisk walk and I took the opportunity to scan the sea in case there was anything of note out on the water. There was not much about, though I did find a Great Northern Diver and half a dozen Great Crested Grebes were seen.
I then took off on a slight detour whilst everyone else returned home for a cup ot tea and drove down to Stanpit, parked up and took a stroll along the Fisherman's Walk. A few Dunlins and Redshank were present and I also saw eight Avocet, my first of the year. However, I was hunting for a Spotted Sandpiper and I eventually tracked it down feeding on the mud.
As I had promised to be only half an hour I did not hang about and instead drove back to meet up with Ellie and Tristan and the grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment