Friday 17 February 2012

Wyke Regis - Fri 17 Feb

After a very eventful and successful morning my luck ran out this afternoon. I took Tristan down to the coast whilst Ellie had a few things to do and we drove down to Wyke Regis and took a walk out past the Bridging Camp towards Littlesea.
I was hoping to find the Hume's Warbler I had seen last year, but despite a good search I drew a blank. Furthermore I also dipped out on the long-staying Richard's Pipit...so not a good afternoon. However, I would rather dip two year ticks and get a lifer in one day than the other way round!!
I did pick up a couple of year ticks though as two pairs of Goldeneye were on the Fleet and a near summer-plumaged Mediterranean Gull flew past. A Raven flew over several times calling and as I walked back to the car I saw a female Black Redstart in the Bridging Camp complex...which would have been a year tick too if I hadn't have found a male whilst at work earlier in the week!
UK list for 2012 now at 128 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment