Wednesday 15 February 2012

Sutton Bingham - Wed 15 Feb

Another late afternoon/early evening visit to the reservoir and I again took Tristan along so that Ellie could get a bit of rest. I started off at the northern end of the reservoir and soon located a couple of redhead Goosander. A new year tick for me and a bit of a surprise considering the ever falling water level. I managed a typically poor record shot, but in my defence the light had nearly gone by the time I attempted this!

Other than a several hundred gulls coming and going there was not a lot else to be seen so I headed south and parked by the Canoe Club, deciding against driving further south as there was nothing but mud!
A Treecreeper was calling from a tree next to me, and before long gave itself up...another year tick! The two Great White Egrets were still present on the far shore before flying north.
I returned to the northern causeway and there were now four Goosanders present, all redheads. The two Great White Egrets were now on the shore just off the causeway and a flock of thirty-nine Wigeon were swimming off the dam.
As the light dwindled and duck set in a small flock of a dozen or so Redwings flew north and the two Great White Egrets circled about and then flew in to a tree opposite the car park to roost for the night, and I took that as a hint to get Tristan back home to mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment