Sunday 12 February 2012

Sutton Bingham - Sun 12 Feb

The weekly visit to Sutton Bingham whilst Ellie was at church was a mixed bag today. The water levels had dropped significantly, I think Wessex Water are doing engineering work, and most of the water that was present was covered in a thick layer of ice.
I made straight for the hide and took Tristan with me for a walk. Opposite the hide the two Great White Egrets that I had seen last week were again present, but flew south about fifteen minutes after I had arrived.

There were a few Teal present and a Peregrine flew over. A flock of twenty or so Redwings flew over and five Shoveler passed over heading north.
I then drove up to the northern end and on the small area of exposed water by the dam contained two Shoveler which had been joined by the five Shoveler that had flown over half an hour earlier. Seven Tufted Ducks were also present and a few Great Crested Grebes had remained. No time to hang around though as a text message from Ellie let me know that she was waiting after chuch!

No comments:

Post a Comment