Sunday 5 February 2012

Combe St Nicholas Sewage Works - Sun 5 Feb

Leaving Sutton Bingham at 3.30pm I had about ninety minutes before I needed to get Tristan back home to Ellie for a feed, so I weighed up the options and decided to head to Chard and within half an hour I had found Combe St Nicholas Sewage Works, near the village of Pudleigh. Andy had text me to say that a Siberian Chiffchaff (of the race tristis) and a Yellow-browed Warbler had been found at the site earlier in the day.
I found a small flock of Long-tailed Tits and a few Goldcrests and figured this was my best chance to find any other birds and before long I located a very smart and extremely grey Siberian Chiffchaff. With one of the target birds ticked off it only took me a few more minutes to find the Yellow-browed Warbler, in fact it found me as it popped up in the hedge in front of me! I didn't hang around as I had my deadline, but as it happened I did not need to after a brilliant afternoon of birding with my son (not that he knew much about it as he slept most of the time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment